- Industry internship in San Francisco
- Center for Research on Families Conference registration award
- Invited speaker for undergraduate course at Harvard University
- Merrell Trailblazer Ambassador for trail running
- BOTH OF MY MENTEES GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL OR PRESTIGIOUS MD PROGRAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Submitted my first, 1st author manuscript from grad school: “Letrozole alters hippocampal gene expression in common marmosets (Callithrix jacchus)”
- Manuscript accepted: “Potential trade-off between olfactory and visual discrimination learning in marmosets (Callithrix jacchus)”
- Ford Foundation Fellows Conference – Poster presentation
- AAIC Neuroscience Next Excellence in Mentoring Award
- Manuscript published in JCM special issue, “Hindbrain Administration of Oxytocin Reduces Food Intake, Weight Gain and Activates Catecholamine Neurons in the Hindbrain Nucleus of the Solitary Tract in Rats”
- HHMI Gilliam Fellows Conference – Poster presentation
- First author manuscript accepted – Effects of Combined Oxytocin and Beta-3 Receptor Agonist (CL 316243) Treatment on Body Weight and Adiposity in Male Diet-Induced Obese Rats
- HHMI Gilliam fellowship
- Hulu i29 ‘Your Attention Please’ film project (airing July 29th)
- GWIS Fellowship
- Panelist for Society for Behavioral Neuroendocrinology LISTEN session
- Took time off to rest, facilitate community events and hang out with friends and it was lovely.
- SBN Welcome Initiative Award
- Wendy Helmer Award, UMass Amherst
- OSSD Travel Award
- OSSD Poster Presentation: Effects of aromatase inhibition on hippocampal gene expression in the common marmoset.
- Ford Foundation Fellowship
- First co-author manuscript accepted during my time in the lab.
- CCAD Article on racial underrepresentation in STEM
- Panelist for an event serving Black undergraduate students in CNS
- I brushed my teeth every single day please clap
- Letrozole RNAseq study complete!
- MUSE officially a 501c3 nonprofit!
- First, first author paper published on hindbrain oxytocin receptors mediating weight loss in diet induced obese rodents . https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33470901/
- UMass Predissertation Award
- Marmoset Conference Poster Presentation “Aromatase inhibition of aromatase and estrogen receptors in the marmoset hippocampus”, Oct 21
- Invited Speaker UCSD DASL Symposium October 29th
- ISTAART Panelist for Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Short piece in Cell Press on the importance of mentorship in STEM
- Women in Neuroscience Panel
- #BlackinNeuro Panelist – Mentorship & Outreach
- Spaulding-Smith Panelist for 1st Year Graduate Students
- NSB Panelist for Incoming Graduate Students
- Selected as a Neuroscience Scholars Program (NSP) Associate through the Society for Neuroscience.
- Early Career Award! Very honored to be nominated by such inspiring and supportive peers and my advisor.
- CRF Travel Award Recipient
- CRF Grant Writing Program Acceptance
- NSF GRFP Honorable Mention
- I got rejected from almost everything I applied for! 🙂 Nice to share the failures too when so often we only see others successes
- Data Blitz Speaker – NEURON
- Launched M.U.S.E. Mentorship website
- Co-presenter at CNS Symposium
- Spaulding-Smith Fellowship recipient
- On Ramp Program – UMass Amherst